Metanoia - I have been throwing this word around my social media ever since I discovered it. Metanoia (n) meaning the journey of changing ones mind, heart, self or way of life.
Last week I took leave from work and while I had a moment to de-clutter my thoughts I started asking myself why?
Why am I not blogging as much as I want to?
Why am I not experiencing what I want to?
Why does the word ‘later’ exist in my vocabulary?
Each time I came up with a pathetic answer like ‘I don’t know’ or ‘because I’m lazy’ I began to become more upset with myself. I am not blogging as much as I should because I am not prioritizing what I love. I am not experiencing what I want to because I am not seeing myself as important. The word later should never exist in my vocabulary because the time is now.
I will be sharing my metanoia – my positive journey of change with you all through my blog and I hope that you will join me.
My 30 day positivity challenge: (adapted from an online source on Pinterest)
1) Don’t text, call
2) Compliment someone new
3) De-clutter your digital life
4) No complaint day
5) Identify 3 to 6 main priorities
6) Follow a morning ritual
7) Streamline your reading list
8) Learn to enjoy solitude
9) Downsize your beauty collection
10) No email or social media until lunch
11) Evaluate your commitments
12) Define your goals for the year – let go of one
13) Take a step towards learning a new skill
14) Give away a pair of shoes
15) Smile to yourself about everything you’re grateful for, after every hour
16) Don’t buy anything for 24 hours
17) Practice single tasking (this is a hard one)
18) Unfollow or unfriend
19) Go for a walk and practice mindfulness
20) No TV all day, read instead
21) Journal for twenty minutes
22) Create a relaxing bedtime routine
23) Take out your clothes the night before, for the next day
24) Go bare faced
25) Practice gratitude
26) Plan a day doing everything you have been putting off
27) Turn off all notifications
28) Evaluate your last five purchases
29) Clean out your closet by asking yourself if “I were shopping now would I buy this?”
30) Figure out how to let go of one thing that stresses you out. Let go
Let the 30 days begin. You don’t have to start the challenge in order or do the challenge consecutively; in fact I started with number 26 last week. I planned a day doing everything I have been putting off, with my hubby.
We adventured all around Johannesburg:
- Trying a new restaurant - Pablo Eggs-Go-Bar in Melville. The food was amazing!
- Taking pictures around the city near Newtown Junction and in Melville
- Visiting new art galleries like Art It Is
- Ending the day off trying something sweet at Marble Restaurant. We had the chocolate tart.